LT Modems

neil woolford lists at neilwoolford.plus.com
Sat Nov 5 18:59:05 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 09:47 -0500, Lewis Futrell wrote:
> > You shouldn't need to *compile* the ltmodem stuff yourself though, as it
> > is available as a package for Breezy.  It is one of the elements of
> > linux-restricted-modules and should be already on your system by default.
> >

> > Neil
>
> I've checked there.  Hoary had the modules in restricted, and even though
> the Breezy description lists the lt_modem and lt_serial, it did not have
> those modules as of a week ago.

I'm afraid you're right.  My desktop machine, which has been updated
from Hoary does have the modules (for the older kernel) even though I
never used them, the laptop with a total fresh install of Breezy and an
LT winmodem doesn't...  The information I've found on the Wiki all
refers to Hoary and Warty;  it does include some step by step
information about compiling though.

Neil