VHS -> DVD

ulrich steffens ulrich at barfuss-jerusalem.org
Sat Nov 5 10:16:53 UTC 2005

Am Freitag, den 04.11.2005, 11:28 +1100 schrieb David:
> I've got scores of VHS archives that would be much nicer on DVD - perhaps even
> several tapes to one DVD. I haven't the faintest idea where to start.
>
> Any ideas what hardware/software I might use to achieve this? Some sort of DVD
> authoring/menuing and something to convert the VHS output to digital, I presume.
>
> David.

or, if you want to stay on the pc, you could use an external
video-converter which does analog > digital and vice versa.
the only thing needed on the pc is a firewire port.

canopus has good stuff for this tasks
http://www.canopus.us/US/products/ADVC110/pt_advc110.asp

BUT: i dont know of linux compatibility!
i only had used this on win and mac, but since this is firewire/dv it
should be supported in linux.

- ulrich