Xorg Mem issues....

Charles Malespin charles.malespin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 20:34:42 UTC 2005

> >There's probably a memory
> > leak somewhere.  I recently put Breezy on my wife's laptop (with an
> > older Radeon).  Since she basically never shuts the machine down
> > (hibernates only), I'll see if she notices the same kind of problems.
> > Her machine's only got 640M, so she should notice is pretty quickly. :)
>
> the OP did'nt mention if he upgrade or clean install to breezy. trying
> different wm is part of the isolation or a first step on why that
> problem happened.

I did a clean install on a brand new hard drive that I had gotten.  I
had been using a different hard drive with the same ram on hoary without
any problems at all.  So the only thing that changed physically was the
hard drive.

>  Downloading wm probably cheaper than the 1 GB RAM,
> unless the OP using a lowtech connection. Does the OP did something
> already to know what really the problem cause?

I had used fluxbox on the previous set up and didnt really like it too
much.  Is there something that is more similar to gnome that I could try
easily to see if I like it?  I am still a noob in most things so any
documentation and/or steps to install would help.

 I would like to add that this isnt killing my machine, its just
noticibly slower than with hoary and I would like to find out why.
Thanks,
Charles