openoffice

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Thu Nov 3 16:52:28 UTC 2005

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:25:24 +0000
Norman Silverstone <norman at littletank.org> wrote:

> The problem is that Welsh did not appear in the drop down list of
> languages. Any further advice please.
>
> Norman

Hmm. Does Welsh now appear in the "Default Languages" dialogue?
It appears in that list for me, despite my not having Welsh installed - I would expect in your case it would appear there with a tick next to it. Perhaps try selecting that, then re-checking your "Writing Aids" ?

Just to be sure, you might try re-starting OpenOffice after selecting Welsh in that dialogue, see if it "sticks", and then go back to the languages drop down in writing aids. I remember older versions of Open Office required some gymnastics to convince them that the dictionaries were installed and that yes, you  *did* want to use them.

Good luck...

Peter

--

Linux User #343161