Question about .deb and Windows

Alex Ferguson b_linuz at yahoo.com
Tue May 31 16:22:30 UTC 2005

Hi, I have a "problem" and I'd like to ask a
question.I have 2 computers, one with Windows and
connected to the net, the other one is my Ubuntu
Playground, and offline.Sometimes, when I have to
install packages, I D/L them on my 1st PC, then I burn
them and I load them in the Ubuntu PC using dpkg.The
problems start in "dependancy hell".A package I want
to download (xorg-devel libraries and whatever) has
over 40 dependant packages, and those have
I-don't-know-how-many dependant subpackages.

My question is, is there a program for Windows that
works like apt, meaning, it resolves dependancies
automatically? That would save me a LOT of time, not
to mention time spent in the nut-house.

Thanks. ;p

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato