totem tv-out

Søren Hauberg soren at hauberg.org
Tue May 31 10:17:13 UTC 2005

ZIYAD A. M. AL-BATLY wrote:
[snip]
> What's your combination of VGA and Monitor?  Why you ask and how is this
> relevant to your problem?  Simply, I have an MSI FX5700 (VTD256) and
> this card can out-put through the TV-Out *only* if I have a digital LCD
> connected to it and *no* analog (normal/old) monitors attached because
> it have only one DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) which is used either
> for Analog monitor/LCD or TV-Out.  Your card may have the same
> specification which explain the problem.
Hi Ziyad
Thanks for taking the time to help me.
I have an analog LCD screen connected to a geforce2 card that only
supports analog output. I can get TV-OUT working through nvtv, but to
get a good output on my (PAL) tv, I need to change my desktop resultion
to 800x600. So tv-out works just fine, it's just a bit annoying the way
it works.
I would like to, instead of getting the full desktop send to the tv,
only send the output from totem to the tv (I only use tv-out for movies).

> Ziyad.
Søren