totem tv-out

ZIYAD A. M. AL-BATLY zamb at saudi.net.sa
Tue May 31 09:50:59 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 10:38 +0200, Søren Hauberg wrote:
> Thanks for replying. I already have nvtv installed and nvtvd up and
> running. The option is still grayed out though :-(
> I can however get tv-out working by using nvtv, but it's a bit of a pain.
>
> /Søren

Hi Søren...

What's your combination of VGA and Monitor?  Why you ask and how is this
relevant to your problem?  Simply, I have an MSI FX5700 (VTD256) and
this card can out-put through the TV-Out *only* if I have a digital LCD
connected to it and *no* analog (normal/old) monitors attached because
it have only one DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) which is used either
for Analog monitor/LCD or TV-Out.  Your card may have the same
specification which explain the problem.

Ziyad.