Pan Newsreader

Brian Pack darkaudit at gmail.com
Mon May 30 12:50:29 UTC 2005

On Monday 30 May 2005 05:31 am, hanzj wrote:
> How can we download multi-part binaries using Pan? And not just
> download, of course, but "stitch up" the several parts into one whole
> complete file for viewing...

Pan usually does it itself. If the icon on the left of the message is green,
it's already complete. Red means it doesn't have all the parts.

Or are you talking about a multi-part posting that uses multiple *files*, such
as a big movie file, or a full DVD? There, you'd need to download them and
extract with ark or file-roller. Since most of these are .rar files, you'll
need unrar-nonfree to be able to extract.

--
http://www.livejournal.com/users/darkaudit/