iPod and Firewire

imaek imaekphp at gmail.com
Sun May 29 07:50:35 UTC 2005

I have an iPod that I would like to use with gtkpod, but for whatever
reason, ubuntu has decided not to detect firewire at all.  I was using
a tutorial from the ubuntu forums and it told me to link /mnt/ipod to
/dev/sdc2 - but there is no /dev/sdc2 (there are no sdc's for that
matter - 'ls /dev/sd*' returns nothing).  Someone else told me to try
'dmesg | grep 1394' but that returns a whole bunch of meaningless
stuff (see forum post link at bottom).  Somebody elese told me to
'tail -f /var/log/messages' and then plug in my iPod, but nothing
happens.

I am in such a terrible place right now - on the brink of getting my
iPod working again, yet so far away - that any help would be
appreciated.

(Note: Forum Topic Here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=37880 )

Thank you,
imaek - imaekphp at gmail.com