note pads (was Re: Is Linux a desktop operating system?)

Daniel Holbach dh at mailempfang.de
Sat May 28 18:07:57 UTC 2005

Hey John, hey everybody

Am Samstag, den 28.05.2005, 18:41 +0100 schrieb john levin:
> Okay, I've tried it with alien:
> sudo alien -i notecase-0.8.7-1.fc3.i386.rpm
> On trying to start it for the first time, got the error message:

usually  alien  does its best, but taking a random package from the net
and ubuntifiying it this way gives you crackful results.

> I'll have a crack at debianising/ubuntu-ising it after the weekend.

ROCK! That's the attitude! You might want to join #ubuntu-motu on
irc.freenode.net and contribute to Ubuntu by giving everybody the
notecase  experience and start cool packaging :)

Have a nice day,
 Daniel