Starting Services At Boot (Which services are optional?)

Ahmet Kurukose kurukose.ahmet at gmail.com
Sat May 28 18:01:25 UTC 2005

Hi,

ntpdate.............I think this one can be canceled for desktop users
pcmcia..............Do you have a laptop? if not, just cancel out this option
ppp.................This is for your modem. if you dont wanna start your modem it is ok.
powernowd........... powernowd is important. with this option your CPU frequency can sweep between minimum and maximum values. especially for laptops.

rsync...............remote-update protocol to greatly speed up file transfers when the destination file is being updated. it is good i think
fetchmail........... for desktop users it can be closed

!!sorry for any wrong information if it exists:(!!