Starting Services At Boot

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sat May 28 17:40:13 UTC 2005

> Vince - bum is a great tool and I'm grateful for you pointing it out.

You're welcome ! :-)  A big thanks to the author of the program !

> This should be a standard part of the Ubuntu system.

I think so too. Hopefully the devs will agree with it... maybe we should
post on the 'devel' list to be about sure to be heard ?

> I was trying to figure out how to help Ubuntu users speed up the boot
> process and show them what processes they could avoid at boot time for
> the next part of my Linux Journal article. I nailed  the FC3 section and
> looked at Xandros's process manager. Bum makes it easier to demonstrate.
>
> Very nice and thank you!

Looking forward to the article, don't forget to post a note here with a
link, when it's finished :o)

--
Vince