note pads (was Re: Is Linux a desktop operating system?)

John Levin john at technolalia.org
Sat May 28 00:21:36 UTC 2005

On 27 May 2005, at 22:08, Eric S. Johansson wrote:

> :-)
>
> I use keynote but am switching to notecase for my writing.  I find
> it helpful to be able to collect info in different bins.  but these
> tools are not quiet good enough.

Ahh, Keynote! That's the best notetaker I've ever used - and even
though it's no longer under development, it's still the best. You
wouldn't believe how long I've been searching for something half as
good, on Linux or Mac OS X.

So where did you get notecase from? I'm presuming you're talking
about this:
http://notecase.sourceforge.net/
Did you compile it for Ubuntu?
I've used it on windows, and it's pretty good, though slightly too
buggy at the moment.

I am sorely tempted to go compile it right now ... if I get
encouragement, then ... well, we'll see.

john