Upgrade of applications

Erik Bågfors zindar at gmail.com
Fri May 27 08:36:57 UTC 2005

Openoffice.org 2.0 isn't released yet.  I would use the 1.1.3 version
instead, even on windows.  But, if you want openoffice.org2 fire upp
synaptic and install "openoffice.org2".  You'll get version 1.9.79.2.

For firefox, remember that in ubuntu the 1.02 version has bugfixes
from 1.03 and 1.04 in it. So it's in some ways closer to 1.04 than the
vanilla 1.02.

I'd ask my self, why do I want to upgrade my firefox/openoffice.org?
Do I really need/want any of the new features? Do I have any problem
with the current version that's fixed in the new?

If not, why upgrade. The higher version number doesn't automatically
make it a better piece of software.

Cheers,
Erik