Is there a keyboard shortcut to show the desktop?

postmast3r postmast3r at gmail.com
Thu May 26 21:02:57 UTC 2005

On 5/26/05, Matt Galvin <matt.t.galvin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a keyboard shortcut to show the desktop in GNOME?
>
> I have my desktop set up very nicely so I barely touch the mouse, but
> haven't found the above combo. argh :(

To see the shortcuts in Gnome, click the "System" menu, then go down
to "Preferences" and over to "Keyboard Shortcuts".  Scroll down to the
"Window Management" section of the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog.  You'll
see where it says "Hide all windows and focus desktop" and it defaults
to being CTRL ALT D (at least on my system).