[hoary] openoffice (really) slow

Avinash Sridhar avinash.sridhar at gmail.com
Thu May 26 14:20:01 UTC 2005

Hi,
I used to have a similar problem where OO would start and stall for a
few minutes after splash screen. I ran a program called "strace" on OO
from the command line and I found out that my localhost address was
not set and hence OO was screwing up. Once i set up the localhost
address

ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1

everything worked fine again. If you suspect that the fonts are the
one thats making OO wait..i suggest you verify this using strace. You
can run the command

strace ooffice

This should dump a lot of symbols on the screen but might throw light
on whats taking OO so long to startup.

Hope that helps !