[hoary] openoffice (really) slow

toyfactory toyfactory at xsmail.com
Thu May 26 13:49:51 UTC 2005

Paolo Ariano wrote:
> Norman Silverstone ha scritto:
>
>>Have you tried the standard Windows-user method, reboot the system?
>
> :( naaa pobably ctrl+alt+backspace could be better ?
> againsta windows methods ;)

I'm still very much a fan of rebooting (or actually shutting down,
counting to ten and restarting because rebooting seems to screw up my
wireless card) to solve problems (having moved from Windows only a few
months ago).  How much does ctrl+alt+backspace do, does it restart more
than just Gnome?

Anyway, I moved the .openoffice directory somewhere else and tried to
load OO, which then refused to do anything.  I tried sudo
dpkg-reconfigure openoffice.org which seemed to do something but didn't
solve the problem.  I then moved the .openoffce directory back and tried
again.  Finally OO seems to be working again (but I'm keeping my fingers
crossed).  Computers eh?

Nick