[hoary] openoffice (really) slow

Asko Kauppi asko.kauppi at sci.fi
Thu May 26 12:58:25 UTC 2005

Do you have crisp, smooth fonts, even with imported documents that
use, say Ariel or Courier fonts?

Part of these issues are due to proprietary-like things not being
packaged in into Ubuntu by default. And that's fine. Also, part may
be that loading such extensions (s.a. this font package) don't get as
much testing as the other, more normal operations do.

Still, it makes me wonder what on earth is the computer doing during
that startup..?  Vectorizing the fonts, all over each time.. or
something.  Anyone able to pinpoint a solution deserves a hug. :)

-ak