Very slow ripping

GazaM ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu May 26 11:39:29 UTC 2005

This is also a problem I'm experiencing with my NEC ND3520A. It should
be capable of 48x read speed, but in GRIP I get a max of just over 6x,
with Paranoia turned on. The average is about 4x as it only manages to
crawl it's way up to 6x towards the last few tracks. DMA is on. This
problem really needs to be sorted out as if linux is to gain popularity
with new users it needs to be able to perform on par with Windows in
basic tasks, such as music ripping (which takes about 5mins per album
on Windows), which people do daily in Windows.

--
GazaM