Is Linux a desktop operating system?

NateC ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed May 25 22:44:19 UTC 2005

Personally, I use Linux as my main operating system because I want to be
in control, and be different then the "average" computer user. I'm a
student, and do not have much currency flowing through my pockets to
spend on software. The good thing about linux is that *most* of the
software is free.

I switched to linux full-time last July, after having Windows XP
crashing because of numerous viruses/trojans.

The main reason that people do not want to switch to Linux is because
they are poorly informed on what it is and what it does. If that could
some-how change, I think there would be many new linux users.

--
NateC