Postfix / Client Incompatability

dave walker dave at mudsite.com
Wed May 25 17:46:41 UTC 2005

Lance Earl wrote:

>I recently set up a server with Postfix and Courier. I
>can log into the server and use mutt to check and send
>mail without any problems. I have installed
>Squirrelmail and it will send an email without a
>problem. When I try to check my mail, it reports that
>inbox is empty. I also set up Balsa and Evolution and
>they both have the same problem finding mail on the
>server. Both Evolution and Balsa will send mail with
>no issues. Squirrelmail, Evolution and Balsa all have
>the same problem checking mail.
>
>This leads me to beleive that their might be a problem
>with the Postfix configuration, but I cannot seem to
>figure out what the problem is.
>
>Thanks
>
>Lance Earl

It could be that they are looking at different folders.  I would check
in yout /etc/postfix/main.cf you have a line that reads:

home_mailbox = Maildir/

Then open up /etc/courier/imapd(-ssl if you are using ssl) and check the
following line

MAILDIRPATH=Maildir

Lastly make sure the folder Maildir exists in the users home folder.  If
not you will have to:

maildirmake /home/user/Maildir
maildirmake -f Sent /home/user/Maildir
maildirmake -f Trash /home/user/Maildir