booting (/dev/hdc: no such file or directory)

Kreg Schlosser liberaltugboat at gmail.com
Wed May 25 02:28:45 UTC 2005

did  you enable DMA on hdc in hdparm.conf?
If yes then that "error" is benign, just ignor it.
what is happening is HDPARM is running to turn on DMA... it looks for
hdc but since hotplug hasnt run yet hdc hasnt been created
but it still enables DMA for the drive and it isnt anything you need to "fix"