booting (/dev/hdc: no such file or directory)

René L. Reingard reingard at hispeed.ch
Tue May 24 19:22:51 UTC 2005

Hello Ubuntu Circle

1.
I do see since some time when the system (Hoary) boots that in the
beginning of the boot interval (after the line: setting disc parameters
[ok])there comes an error like "/dev/hdc: no such file or directory" and
it continues to boot. How to correct and WHERE to look at?

2. I do also question myself how to get the windows partition's icon in
Nautilus. Days ago it came from time to time, now it does not come up at
all after a system start.

Thanks for suggestions,
René

--
++ Erstellt mit Operas revolutionärem E-Mail-Modul:
http://www.opera.com/m2/