Getting a gravis gamepad pro (gameport) to work

ebonflame ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue May 24 02:26:47 UTC 2005

ebonflame Wrote:
> Further development:  Out of sheer frustration, I went and loaded the
> x86 version of Kubuntu instead of the 64 bit.  After the requisite
> modprobes, I have a working joystick.  Now if someone can aid me in the
> following:

> 1) Keep analog from loading upon boot

> 2) load grip, joydev, and ns558 to where the joystick is connected.  It
> seems that if ns558 is the last thing to be modprobed, then the joystick
> is detected.  I'll try to add these items to /etc/modules and see what
> happens.

Found out where analog was being loaded.  It was in
-/etc/modprobe.d/isapnp/isapnp/isapnp.aliases-.  I commented the line
with analog and it no longer loads.  But I still have issues with the
joystick. - /dev/input/js0- is there, but when I -cat- it, I get
nothing from the joystick.  After a -sudo modprobe -r ns558- followed
by a -sudo modprobe ns558-, the joystick is working proper.  At this
point, I'm playing with the order that the modules get loaded in
-/etc/modules-.  So far, If -grip- is last, -ns558- does not create the
-/dev/input/js0-.

--
ebonflame