Sound Juicer: slow?

JP jaypee at hotpop.com
Mon May 23 16:14:28 UTC 2005

Sound juicer uses the cdparanoia library which corrects bit errors when
reading the cd. Thats probably the main reason why it is significantly
slower than XP.
XP rippers in genreal dont check errors on the disc (think the
over-sampling you get on a CD walkman) and often you get skips if
your CD is not pristine.

So it is slower cos it's better :)
I sure you can tweak the settings of cdparanoia but it is a tradeoff
between speed and quality.