ESSID won't go away

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Sun May 22 00:28:48 UTC 2005

What file does network-admin store the "location" (aka "Profile") info in?

I first used the box at home with the default (all?) and no WEP key.  good.

I set an ESSID/WEP to CNCWireless/abc, all was fine.  also good.

Took the box back home and can't get it to connect to my AP using the GUI.  I can
get the connection up by running iwconfig, but then when I reboot, it goes back to
CNCWireless/abc (or *** anyway, assuming it is the same key.)

So what file is it stored in so I can vi it out of existance?

I tried editing /etc/networking/interfaces, reboot, and CNCWireless comes back.

In network-admin I tried setting up 2 locations, no help.  given that I didn't see
the locaion names in /etc/networking/interfaces, I am assuming there is a file I
don't know about.

Carl Karsten