Right kernel for centrino?

Carsten Agger agger at modspil.dk
Fri May 20 01:31:08 UTC 2005

Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:

>On do, 2005-05-19 at 13:11 -0500, Santiago Erquicia wrote:
>

>>Which of the kernels is the right or optimum one for a centrino
>>laptop? i386 or i686?
>>

>i686

What's the difference between the two architectures (i386 and
i686)?

I'm asking because I have Ubuntu running on my Centrino laptop with the
i386 kernel - do I have to reinstall it completely or would it be
possible to "upgrade" only the kernel?

regards and TIA,

Carsten Agger

PS: I'm sorry, but this mail may  be in HTML format. I'm using
Thunderbird for Linux and I've yet to  find out how to instruct
this program to not send in HTML format, ever ...

--
http://www.modspil.dk
- fordi tiden kræver et MODSPIL!