Getting the mic to work on a Thinkpad?

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Wed May 18 08:31:36 UTC 2005

On 5/18/05, Peter Simpson <ubuntu at petethetree.co.uk> wrote:
> last time I had this difficulty, the problem was a "duplex" setting on your
> mixer of choice.
>
> Could this be your problem - I had it on a T20.
>
> Cheers,
I had that set already thanks though.
I think I may have found a solution.. I changed it to ESD and upped
the mic boost (that made all the difference in the world.)
I now get mic sounds.. but still struggling to get skype to
"connect"... It says it's trying to connect but never does, then I
can't even cancel the connection and i have to "killall -9 skype" to
get it out.

--
Ubuntu Hoary 5.04
Our OS who art in CPU, LINUX be thy name. Thy programs run, thy