HowTo: apply a "patch" ?!

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue May 17 06:10:18 UTC 2005

> You are corrct about the patch program. Read the man page so you
> understand the -p command line argument, you'll probably need it.

Tried the patch command, seems to react okay, but the little bugger
won't work, apparently the patch I saw in bugzilla, has been made one
month before Haory stable was released, and apparently, the source code
has been changed since, so patch can apply the patch. I tried modyfying
the source file by had, but I really don't know what I am doing so I
will leave it there. I will just wait for Breezy to include this
patch... maybe it's already there, don't know, the devs told us not to
touch Breezy all of this week, as they are undertaking massive
construction work it seems... :-)

I have a few other things to patch though, like the kernel to get my TV
card working, and Nautilus browser, to get it to hide the main toolbar.
So now I have the very very very basics of patching, I could maybe have
a go at these...

--
Vince