cd-problems

Christina Boeckler xtinab at web.de
Mon May 16 09:51:44 UTC 2005

hi

i have strange problems with my cd/drivesafter installing hoary
on my i386 i have one cdrom-drive and a cd-burner
both are recognised as /dev/hd[bd]

i can mount data-cds

but i can not listen to audio-cds or copy them
cdplay sais : nodisk
i did put the dma =on in hdparm.conf but it did not help

and i can not burn anything
gnomebaker, cdrecord, burn, cdrdao nothing worked
cdrecord dev=ATA: scanbus probes /dev/hda for some time:
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively (Device or resource busy)... retrying in 1 second.

and then exits.

but i get a blank cdr disk icon on the desktop, when i insert it in the burner

dmesg sais:

scsi0 : Adaptec AIC7XXX EISA/VLB/PCI SCSI HBA DRIVER, Rev 6.2.36
scsi: unknown opcode 0x01

ide0: BM-DMA at 0xb800-0xb807, BIOS settings: hdaMA, hdbMA
ide1: BM-DMA at 0xb808-0xb80f, BIOS settings: hdcMA, hddMA
hdb: TEAC CD-W552D, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
hdc: Maxtor 53073U6, ATA DISK drive
hdd: 54X CD-ROM, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
hdb: ATAPI 52X CD-ROM CD-R/RW drive, 2048kB Cache
hdd: ATAPI 52X CD-ROM drive, 128kB Cache

hdb: lost interrupt

thanx for your advice

tina