A Plea for sanity when posting to this list.

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sat May 14 17:56:30 UTC 2005

> Possibly just one other addition to the list, which is:
> Could contributors refrain from posting any form of attachment, whether
> it is HTML, GPG signatures or "smart mailers"?

I agree. I don't know what these signatures are for, but they do have
ill effects, other than cluttering the e-mail, in that I tend to ignore
any attachments now.
Recently someone on this list sent me (genuine) attachements without
explicitely refering to them in the body of his e-mail, and I didn't
even notice the attachment, I just assumed that it was yet again a
signature, and didn't even look at what was actually  attached.

Then "did you see the attachment I sent you ?" ... "What attachement ??"
"You didn't get it ?"  "No sorry, please resend"  "oh I see, my mistake,
I thought/assume it was yet again one of these annoying signs, so I
didn't look at what was attached !".

--
Vince