Laptop wireless network at start-up...

Nicolas da Luz Duque hot_boy at skynet.be
Sat May 14 17:20:38 UTC 2005

Le samedi 14 mai 2005 à 04:29 +0100, Stroller a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> this is really stumping me, so I hope someone can provide some advice.
> I installed a Ralink Rt2500 wireless network card following the
> instructions at
> <https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/Rt2500WirelessCardsHowTo>, which were
> mostly pretty straight-forward.
>
> The wireless interface doesn't come up on start-up, however, and I'm a
> little bit stumped as to how to get it to do so.

If your wireless is configured correctly in the gnome network manager
tool, it should come up at startup. My rt2500 card does (I have a Asus
W107G).

Otherwise check the /etc/network/interfaces file. There should be your
card configuration. Check if it's properly configured there.

--
Nicolas da Luz Duque

GPG Key Fingerprint: 4646 3449 8BB1 D2E9 6122  08B2 084E 7833 8953 3945