OT :UBUNTU server ?

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Sat May 14 00:09:15 UTC 2005

On Fri, 13 May 2005 22:44:52 +0100
Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:

> Do your friends actually have any exmples of how Ubuntu is unstable
> while Fedora/Slackware is stable? I expect you to find that what they
> pass on as fact is nothing but conjecture (I'm judging people I don't
> know here, based on my experience, I know ;-).
>
> /M

Strictly speaking, Ubuntu /is/ unstable.  It's /Debian/ unstable which
is to say it is easily as stable as the best of the other distros out
there.  Occasionally something will break the unstable Debian but it
isn't intended to be anything but test software.  Ubuntu's (Debian)
"unstable" packages seem to get a bit of testing before being released,
though, and are solid. If you are satisfied with Debian, whatever the
version, you will be delighted with Ubuntu.

At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Q: What's the difference between MicroSoft Windows and a virus?
A: Apart from the fact that viruses are supported by their authors,