OT :UBUNTU server ?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri May 13 21:44:52 UTC 2005

On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 05:23:57AM +0700, sn00bb0rn.linux gmail wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>I am a newbie to many thing. I just curious is there anyone who actualy
>use ubuntu as a debian based server in ther work. Ive seen many good
>review about ubuntu but no clue about server. Some friend saying it was
>not stable enough, so the problem is not about how many s/w packages
>available for ubuntu. Often compared to fedora and slackware.
>
>Any info that cast away the clouds will be highly appeciated.

I'm using a Ubuntu box as server. I run Apache2 with MoinMoin and a VNC
server.

It's fine. Nothing to complain about. It's stable enough for my uses.

Do your friends actually have any exmples of how Ubuntu is unstable
while Fedora/Slackware is stable? I expect you to find that what they
pass on as fact is nothing but conjecture (I'm judging people I don't
know here, based on my experience, I know ;-).

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

by patent law on written works.