Ubuntu Book by O'Reilly?

Tony tony.kruse at gmail.com
Thu May 12 20:52:26 UTC 2005

I would tend to agree with the "out of date" concern mentioned.  Quick
publications such as magazine articles or web articles might have more
effect for Ubuntu.

Take for example FunWithFink.com.  I was really hoping this would be
in print long ago.  I think it would be very helpful to introduce the
Mac community to open source software.  However, it seemed like it was
always out of date with the state of the Fink software, and it never
went to print that I know of.

Perhaps a well prepared book on debian in general and section(s)
describing the advantages of Ubuntu (Kubuntu or others)?

I would think a book spelling out the major differences and advantages
of the various versions of Linux would be more of an advantage.  Why
APT over RPM for example.

Perhaps a book on Gnome (or KDE) itself might be beneficial to the newbie?

Just some thoughts.

Tony