Sendmail not working

ZIYAD A. M. AL-BATLY zamb at saudi.net.sa
Thu May 12 12:29:35 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 13:10 +0200, mailing.list at srivastava.mailshell.com
wrote:
> I attempted to send mail using sendmail. Though it says mail sent but
> the mail does not go out of my computer.
>
> How do I check if my ISP blocks port 25?
>
> If my ISP blocks port 25, how can I send mail using sendmail? Any tips
> and/or tricks to over come this problem.

Check the output of "mailq".

Also, do you have reverse Name Server lookup enabled by your NS
administrator?  You could check by running "host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" where
"xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" is your IP address.  A lot of SMTP server block mail
from IPs that don't have reverse NS lookup (to eliminate spam and other
bad things).

Ziyad.