xhost + problems

Niels L. Ellegaard gnalle at ruc.dk
Thu May 12 08:46:37 UTC 2005

Daniel Robitaille <robitaille at gmail.com> writes:

> Is localhost.localdomain  defined in /etc/hosts?  For example, on my
> machine, the first line of my /etc/hosts is:
> 127.0.0.1   localhost.localdomain  localhost   home

Thank you for your answer.

I had this line, but after reading your post I tried to changing it
into the proper IP-number of my machine. This did not help (even after
reboot)

# 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost niels
172.16.2.48 localhost.localdomain localhost niels

Is there a more direct way of testing whether or not I have a problem
with my /etc/hosts? What should I read to learn more?

                                Niels