xhost + problems

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Thu May 12 07:32:59 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-05 at 08:34 +0200, Niels L. Ellegaard wrote:
> Dear masters
>
> I have a laptop with hoary and I cannot use xhost + for telnet on my
> local network. I get the following error
>
> _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't get address for localhost.localdomain
>
> What is the reason for this error? How can I fix it. (ssh -X is not
> available on the network).

humm... maybe a missing loopback address?

Is localhost.localdomain  defined in /etc/hosts?  For example, on my
machine, the first line of my /etc/hosts is:
127.0.0.1   localhost.localdomain  localhost   home

(where "home" is the name of my computer)

--
Daniel Robitaille
 GPG: http://robitaille.fastmail.fm/pubkey.asc (0x5C19F466)
 IM Jabber: robitaille at jabber.org