Perl problems

Stephen R Laniel steve at laniels.org
Thu May 12 03:11:35 UTC 2005

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 11:04:50PM -0400, Joe Wamsley wrote:
> Ok I gave that a try and it is now working thanks a lot for everybody's
> help. Just curious if anybody else had this problem though. I'm just
> using the Perl version that was installed by default.

Oh, but to answer your question: yes, I at least have had
this problem with bash before. The problem is that by
default -- and unintuitively, I think -- bash doesn't look
in the current directory for executable commands. There's
probably a good reason for it, but it differs from, for
instance, the MS-DOS shell's behavior.

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve at laniels.org