Is there a quick and easy way to concert pdf 2 mpg3

Stroller Linux.Luser at myrealbox.com
Thu May 12 00:29:16 UTC 2005

On May 11, 2005, at 10:29 pm, Rainer Gutkas wrote:

> My sister told me of a Mac ispeakit which is able to convert pdf &
> text files to mp3's. Now I wondered if there is a quick and easy way
> to do this in linux, so I can listen to my techspecs at my way to work
> or learn how to use cups,.... etc

I'd take a look at something like pdf2html and festival. You might need
to pipe the output of the former through `links --dump` then on to the
latter, but - assuming you can put up with having Steven Hawking
reading your bedtime stories, you should be able to do what you want.

> by not reading but listening which suites me more. In fact in the
> moment I read documents aloud to remember the things I read. I think
> that could be a good way to improve my learning.

As I said... bedtime stories... leaving your MP3 whispering kernel
sources to you as you sleep could be a good way to indoctrinate your
subconscious.   ;)

Stroller.