kopete + sound + ssh

Martin Ericsson i00marer at island.liu.se
Thu May 12 00:16:09 UTC 2005

Hi!
I have a couple of problems with my Ubuntu installation.

The contact list in Kopete doesn't show swedish characters properly.

After installing Ubuntu I used Gnome and after some configuration (like
installing totem-xine..) the sound worked perfectely, but after
installing and using KDE, the sound only works in KDE. Any ideas?

I have installed the ssh-server and enabled network sharing with
firestarter, but of some reason I can only connect to my machine from
remote machines, not from the other local one.

Martin