Suggestion for Breezy - Linz

James Wilkinson ubuntu at westexe.demon.co.uk
Wed May 11 23:01:59 UTC 2005

Guido Heumann wrote:
> (BTW, what I really hate about windows explorer (at work) since I'm
> using Ubuntu at home is the bad mousewheel support there. You have to
> click in a window before you can scroll with the wheel! That's soo
> annoying...)

Oh, tell me about it. There are a couple of things that Gnome / X does
so RIGHT that Windows feels like a bad joke in comparison. That one
infuriates me every time I run across it. You want to scroll a window:
you put the mouse there and scroll!

And having got used to Gnome's insistence in careful wording of dialogue
boxes (e.g. "Do you want to save your work before quitting? Don't Quit /
Don't Save / Save and Quit" instead of "Yes / No / Cancel") I keep
wondering what on earth Microsoft were thinking.

And as for "Don't show this message in future [x]", I've known
professional programmers get completely confused by the inverted sense.

Sorry, but you've just hit one of my sore spots about Windows...

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Mike Andrews' Corollary to Murphy's Law:
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | In any sufficiently large collection of texts, every