How Goes it with Breezy?

Samuel Thurston, III sam.thurston at gmail.com
Wed May 11 15:10:37 UTC 2005

On 5/11/05, Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:
> still no real sign of work/progress on Breezy. Given that probably not
> much much will happen in the last month of the release schedule, this
> means there is only 4 months left maximum toimplement the graphical
> isntaller, a good boot splash (there is "splashy", but it's unofficial
> andat least on my machine, really doesn't look good enough to compete
> with a "normal"/old fashioned bootsplash)

Are graphical installers and boot splash screens really a priority for
the breezy release?  I really am not eager to see ubuntu turn into
another distro like suse where the installer is really crazy
looking... during an install i want efficiency.

> > Any good advantages to using Breezy over Hoary?
>
> Well, as always, there are only disadvantages using the development
> version, other than help testing and debug the thing for normal users.

Vincent, since newer versions of packages are added to the dev
version, there are often advantages to using the development release,
particularly if you are looking for new features.  Saying there are
"only disadvantages" is a bit of a stretch.  Though you are right in
that there are disadvantages in the way of things breaking.