How Goes it with Breezy?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Wed May 11 14:27:47 UTC 2005

David M. Carney wrote:
> So, all you Breezy users. How's it going?

Good question.... it's been a full month since HOary was released, and
still no real sign of work/progress on Breezy. Given that probably not
much much will happen in the last month of the release schedule, this
means there is only 4 months left maximum toimplement the graphical
isntaller, a good boot splash (there is "splashy", but it's unofficial
andat least on my machine, really doesn't look good enough to compete
with a "normal"/old fashioned bootsplash)
So far, looks like not much will happen for Breezy :o(
I hope I am wrong and that new stuff/features will soon start flooding
the update-manager...

> Any good advantages to using Breezy over Hoary?

Well, as always, there are only disadvantages using the development
version, other than help testing and debug the thing for normal users.
But frankly, there isn't anytinhg obvious to test right now. So far,
it's just Hoary, broken here and there of course, but not yet Breezy...
IMHO.
I will wait for the boot splash and graphical installer to appear,
before burning my first ISO.

--
Vince