truncate file names (using perl's rename)

Daniel Silverstone dsilvers at digital-scurf.org
Wed May 11 12:08:52 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 08:02 -0400, GarySaved wrote:
> I see perl seems to be the 'Official' language for writing in Ubuntu.  I
> have started learning other languages, only to find them becoming
> obsolete. (and I really was getting into Assembly Language)
> Is Perl going to stay the dominant language?
> Maybe I will start studying it.  (See if I can still learn)

Personally I think that Python is much more the 'official' language for
Ubuntu.

Certainly when I installed Ubuntu it installed almost every python
package under the sun :-)

Python is also much easier to pick up than perl. I'd recommend you learn
Python instead.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 2BC8 4016 2068 7895