Nautilus Uses 100% CPU

Gerhard Gaußling ggrubbish at web.de
Tue May 10 19:08:57 UTC 2005

Am Dienstag 10 Mai 2005 13:02 schrieb Ben Dembroski:
> $ sudo hdparm -d1 /dev/hdb
>
>         /dev/hdb:
>          setting using_dma to 1 (on)
>          HDIO_SET_DMA failed: Operation not permitted
>          using_dma    =  0 (off)

It seems that you have a sata disk too.
Please post your /etc/modules.

I think that you have to put your chipsetdriver, either amd74xx, piix or
something which applies to your mainboard into the first line.

$lspci |egrep '(ISA|IDE|PCI|Host)' will give you further info's about
the hardware, or try
$ sudo dmidecode |egrep -A3 '(Base Board Information)'
to get the board name ;-) (I think you got that already somewhere
else ;) ).

It was  Adam Membrey who pointed that out, when I had the same problem.

HTH

regards

Gerhard