[Hoary] strange sound problem

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue May 10 03:08:05 UTC 2005

Daniel Robitaille wrote:
> *) in /etc/esound/esd.conf, set auto_spawn=1   (which in my case was my
> default in Warty but not in Hoary)
>
> *) logout and then login again.

Thanks Daniel, that solved the problem ! :o)

Actually, it did MUCH MORE than this !
A few weeks back I posted here to ask why my favorite Helicopter model
would sound a lot better on my mates machine than it does on mine. I was
advised to get a proper sound card and/or speakers.
Well, somehow, your trick completely unleashed X-Plane. My Heli now
makes incredibly rich and realistic noises, it is simply superbly
realistic now, truly marvelous, I am in heaven.
So beautifully realistic, it really motivates me to fork out some cash
(when I have some lying around ie ;o) to buy the full version of
X-Plane, a decent graphics card and decent pedals/stick/throttle ! :o)

Thank you so much ! :o)

--
Vince, happy bunny