Hoary Repositories (binary / source)

Andrew Zajac arzajac at gmail.com
Mon May 9 18:40:18 UTC 2005

The GPL requires that the source code be made available.  By providing
packages for the source and the binary, not only do you get the binary
and the source, but the ability to build the package, too.  If you
only had a tarball somwhere, it would not be easy to automate the
building of packages.

You can remove the deb-src entries from your sources.list, though, if
you have no use for them.  This will save you bandwith, especially if
you are on dialup.