Blood Lesson WARNING re "WARTY" Install

Christoph Bier christoph.bier at web.de
Mon May 9 16:18:50 UTC 2005

vailima schrieb:

[Strange suggestions]

... whereas backups are always a good idea!

> I suggest this as "WARTY" UBUNTU will destroy/write
> over/delete/remove ALL files currently on your hard drive. Unlike
> Mandrake, "WARTY" UBUNTU will NOT reside with another operating
> system on the same hard drive.

This is simply not true. I believe, that it happened to you, but I
doubt, that Ubuntu is to blame for.

[...]

I did a lot of Warty and Hoary installations in the meantime,
partially with Win* on the same HDD. I don't know what you did, but
it must have been something ... let's say ... special.

Christoph