Blood Lesson WARNING re "WARTY" Install

Stephen R Laniel steve at laniels.org
Mon May 9 16:04:40 UTC 2005

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 11:50:25AM -0400, vailima wrote:
> With any degree of intelligent authority, how can you state that is is NOT true?
> You weren't here when it happened .. I was
> .. and it DID happen.

It's just hard to believe, is all. It's very rare for any
software package to delete all the data on your hard drive
without prompting you first. I've installed Debian,
Mandrake, and Ubuntu dozens of times, quite often on
machines with pre-existing data, and never has it deleted
data without asking. This is just not something that any
competent programmer would do.

We're not trying to make you feel bad (at least, not most of
us); we're just noting our own experiences.

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve at laniels.org
+(617) 308-5571